Monitoring - More great news!

We are now completely operational again and serving new certificates.
At the time of this update, we have experienced just 2 end-users being unable to load catalogs. These end-users were on Android 6 and 7 (5+ year old software), and this is to be expected with the trade-off we had to make for us to get back up and running for 99.99% of our customers.

For now, we will monitor the situation and continue to work with our providers for a while before closing this incident, where a postmortem will follow shortly after.
Oct 11, 14:25 CEST
Update - Great news!

We have been working hard on a solution that would enable the remaining device combinations to access flipbooks via HTTPS.

That solution was deployed a short while ago - and it seems to be working 🥳
Do let us know if you experience any devices that are unable to connect to a flipbook due to an untrusted certificate.

We will keep monitoring this closely and continue working with our providers to ensure we are staying on top of the situation going forward.

We wholeheartedly understand how frustrating this situation has been for you, as many of your customers, sales reps and colleagues were unable to access the catalogs they have come to depend on.

For this very reason, we want to extend a loud and profound - THANK YOU - for your understanding and patience with us during this past week 🙏

We truly have the best customers!
Oct 7, 14:26 CEST
Update - Currently, the majority of traffic is coming through as normal (we're seeing a drop of less than half a percent).

We are however still seeing issues on some devices due to the chain of trust pointing to the expired root certificate.
We are working hard on a fix to help mitigate this specific issue, and we should hopefully have a working solution sometime tomorrow morning, where we will start to see fewer devices rejecting our certificates right after.

This is a global issue, and we are still working closely with our providers to coordinate this effort to the benefit of our customers, as well as manually mitigating as much as we can!

We are grateful for your extended patience 🙏
Oct 6, 20:11 CEST
Update - What is happening:
We have been experiencing problems with serving new certificates over the last few days due to us being unable to upload to our infrastructure provider where our certificates would be rejected at their end.

Why is this happening:
On September 30th, the global root certificate of our SSL provider expired. This was planned, but nonetheless ended up affecting large parts of the internet. Read more about this here: https://www.zdnet.com/article/fortinet-shopify-others-report-issues-after-root-ca-certificate-from-lets-encrypt-expires.

With the expiration of Let’s Encrypt’s global root certificate, our infrastructure provider would no longer accept the new certificates we were generating, resulting in our inability to serve new certificates to our customers.

Who/what has been affected:
Customers who were in need of new certificates or had expiring certificates on or after October 1st for Flipbooks have been impacted over the last few days. We have tried our best to accommodate as much as we could manually during this time.

How are we mitigating this issue:
We have mitigated this with a workaround in how we generate certificates to avoid failing validation with our provider while we are waiting for them to respond back and to have a solution on their end. We will be keeping a close eye on this issue going forward.

We are lowering the severity to "Partial outage" as we are now serving new certificates successfully, but we are still awaiting response from our providers before we close this.

While this mitigates by far most of the traffic we receive, we do see reports from iOS and Mac users that are unable to load certain Flipbooks. This is in most cases caused by devices that have not been updated, though in some cases this can happen even on fully updated devices. We are working closely with our hosting provider to take care of this issue.

Possible workaround for macOS:
Restart your browser to force a recheck of the certificate in your browser.
This can in some cases be enough to load the page correctly again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. 🙏
Oct 5, 20:55 CEST
Update - We are doing everything we can to resolve this challenge as swiftly as possible.

Who is impacted:
The challenge affects new certificate creations, and not existing certificates.
Only customers with certificates that are about to expire/have expired will experience this challenge.

If you have any immediate concerns or issues with your Branded Domains, please reach out to Customer Care and we will help you any way we can.

We appreciate your continued patience 🙏
Oct 4, 16:12 CEST
Identified - Issue has been identified and a solution is being worked on. Until resolved no new certificates will be issued, but current certificates will remain active.
Oct 1, 13:19 CEST
Investigating - We are currently investigating problems with issuing SSL certificates for branded domains.
Oct 1, 11:30 CEST
Admin ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
API ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
Flipbooks ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
Display ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
Pop-ups ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
Services ? Operational
90 days ago
99.15 % uptime
Today
Auxiliary Sites ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
PDF Processing Service ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
SSL Processing Service ? Operational
90 days ago
93.26 % uptime
Today
Email Processing Service ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
Feed Processing Service ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
FTP Services ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
pay.ipaper.io ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
tools.ipaper.io ? Operational
90 days ago
100.0 % uptime
Today
Operational
Degraded Performance
Partial Outage
Major Outage
Maintenance
Major outage
Partial outage
No downtime recorded on this day.
No data exists for this day.
had a major outage.
had a partial outage.
Scheduled Maintenance
Update - We will be undergoing scheduled maintenance during this time.
Oct 4, 20:20 CEST
Update - We will be undergoing scheduled maintenance during this time.
Oct 4, 20:19 CEST
Scheduled - We will be performing scheduled maintenance on our infrastructure.
During this timeframe there may be minor disruptions of our services. We expect the impact to be none to low and our main products will not be affected during this time.
Oct 4, 20:17 CEST
Past Incidents
Oct 16, 2021

No incidents reported today.

Oct 15, 2021

No incidents reported.

Oct 14, 2021
Resolved - This issue has now been closed.
After monitoring for 24 hours, we are seeing no more SSL errors on any feeds processing.
Oct 14, 12:21 CEST
Monitoring - Issue is now resolved. We have upgraded our server to support the latest TLS Ciphers. The few accounts that had issues should now be automatically processed on the next run.

Thank you for your patience 🙏
Oct 13, 11:40 CEST
Identified - We have identified the issue, and working on a solution for the few feeds we cannot process at the moment.
Oct 12, 08:21 CEST
Investigating - We are currently seeing a few feeds fail, we are investigating the cause of this issue.
Oct 11, 19:27 CEST
Oct 13, 2021
Oct 12, 2021
Oct 11, 2021

Unresolved incident: Issues with SSL certificate issuance for branded domains.

Oct 10, 2021

No incidents reported.

Oct 9, 2021

No incidents reported.

Oct 8, 2021

No incidents reported.

Oct 7, 2021
Oct 6, 2021
Oct 5, 2021
Oct 4, 2021
Oct 3, 2021

No incidents reported.

Oct 2, 2021

No incidents reported.